General Membership Requirements:
Any person regardless of race, creed, religion or sex; who is of good character, shall be eligible for membership. Prospective members must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be a high school student, graduate or have completed their G.E.D.
- Must be of good moral character and have acceptable student or work references.
- Must be able to physically perform the duties of the job.
- Must possess a current driver’s license.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and acceptable criminal background. (Background investigation criteria for rejection: any felony conviction, any current or recent suspension or restriction of driver’s license which is the result of legal action be it a court or administrative agency, any recent criminal activity that is determined by the Fire Chief to be undesirable).
- Members must successfully complete the orientation and new recruit training program in the allotted time and meet requirements for meeting and call response during the new recruit training period.