Printer Friendly Version
Transfer Station 603-652-4125
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Per order of the Board of Selectmen
September 8, 2015 Public Hearing:
ALL BULKY AND C & D MUST
BE WEIGHED IN & OUT ON THE SCALES
$.08 PER LB NO EXCEPTIONS
Solid Waste Ordinance
LEAVES/PINE NEEDLES/GRASS CLIPPINGS!!
EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2015
Leaves, Pine Needles & Grass Clippings can now be dumped at Barron Brothers located at 372 Route 11 in Farmington
(NO Trash, Stumps, Plastic or Brush)
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am - 4 pm
Saturday 8 am - 12pm (until Labor Day then closed Saturday)
Milton Residents MUST have a valid Milton Transfer Station sticker & stop at the office before dumping
Transfer Station hours are Friday through Monday 7:00am - 3:00pm
LAST LOAD ACCEPTED
“IF YOU DON'T KNOW DON'T
THROW, PLEASE ASK”
At the Milton Transfer Station our goal is to create a polite and friendly atmosphere while committing to a superior level of service to assist the residents in their recycling and disposal needs.
The Town of Milton is a member of the Northeast Resource Recovery Association (NRRA).
• All vehicles entering the Station must have a current permit sticker attached to the lower left(driver's) side of the windshield.
• To obtain a sticker you must show proof of current residency (i.e. Vehicle registration or tax bill) and pay the assessed fee.
• If borrowing a vehicle the resident must be present with proof of residency.
• Only clear or transparent trash bags will be accepted.
• The decision of the attendant overrules signs or guidelines.
• The speed limit at the Station is 15 mph, please be conscious of other’s safety if not your own.
• RECYCLING IS MANDATORY. Bags may be opened or rejected for content.
(Please rinse containers)
• Paper; All paper products. Newspaper, junk mail, soda boxes, cereal boxes, shredded paper, cardboard, etc. “Anything that tears”
• Tin cans
• Aluminum foils and pet food cans
• Aluminum beverage cans are separated into their own individual container.
• #1-#7 plastics (see recycling triangle on bottom of container)
(See fee schedule)
Large non-recyclable plastics,
mattresses, rugs, non-wood
furniture, sheet rock,
pressure treated lumber,
ceramics, pane glass
Please remove as much cloth
and plastics as possible)
• Scrap iron; car parts,
lawnmowers, bikes, strollers, etc.
• Scrap aluminum; siding,
gutters, lawn furniture,
• Copper wire
• Scrap copper
(See fee schedule)
TV's, microwaves, CPU's,
monitors, DVD players,
stereos, printers, etc.
Anything with a circuit
MERCURY CONTAINING ITEMS
Florescent bulbs, compact
thermometers, mercury cell
(See fee schedule)
Painted/stained wood, shingles,
plywood, particle board, wood
BURN PIT - AT THIS TIME, EARTHTENDERS IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Brush and clean wood only, no leaves or pine needles unless attached to brush. Wood stove ash may be placed in burn pit only if ash is totally burned
out. No limbs over 5 inches
in diameter. Leaves, pine
needles & lawn clippings may
be taken to Earthtenders at
the corner of Paulson St. &
Route 11 in Farmington phone
Used motor oil, transmission fluid, gear oil, cooking oil
NO FLAMABLE LIQUIDS
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
All hazardous wastes are to be
stored for disposal at your
home until the Household
Hazardous Waste Day events are
held. HHWD events will be
throughout the year by the
town. The date, time and
location of these events will
be posted ASAP
(Fees subject to change without notice)
• Permit Sticker...$5.00
• Scale Fees: A load in its entirety $.08 per lb
• TV under 27”....$5.00
• TV 28-45”......$10.00
• TV 46” & up....$20.00
• Monitor, CPU....$5.00
• Small Electronics i.e. VCR, DVD, Stereo, etc.....$2.00
• Washer, Dryer, Stove, etc.............$5.00
• Refrigerator, Freezer, Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier...$10.00
• Propane tanks
Note: no fees for residential trash or recyclables